Temp : 18°C | 10°C
Sunny with clear blue sky
Temp : 17°C
- 250gm butter softened
- 100gm brown sugar
- 100gm caster sugar
- 450gm plain flour - Replace 50gm of flour with cocoa powder if u want to make a dark choc cookie
- 150gm walnuts or any other preferred nuts
- 150gm chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Additional chocolate chips for decoration on cookies.
- - Preheat oven to 160 deg C.
- - Add brown sugar and caster sugar to softened butter and beat till well combined. Beat in the egg and stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- - Sift flour into the mixture and mix using a wooden spoon or spatula until a dough is formed.
- - Shape cookies to your liking and place chocolate chips on top of cookies. You can use a spoon, I just use my fingers.
- - Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
- - Let cookies cool completely before storing in an air tight containers.
Source : Citarasawan
Nuts like almonds, hazelnuts and peanuts must be roasted and cooled prior to adding into the cookie mixture. By doing so, cookies will stay crunchy and last longer. As for walnuts, pecans, pistachios and macadamias, you don't have to roast them as these nuts produces their own oil. You can add them directly into the mixture.