Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fruit Crumble Cake

Weather for Te Awamutu today,
Season :
Spring
Forecast :
Chance of Rain
Temp : 29°C | 12°C
Current :
Light Air With Late Fog
Temp : 17°C





Salam, Kia Ora.....

I made this fruit crumble cake yesterday and actually, I intend to post this entry yesterday also.  Don't know why I got tired and went to bed early instead...*yawnzzz* 

There were 4 apples that have been left untouched for more than a week and 2.5 unripe peaches...hehehez.  I was either gonna turn them into pies or crumbles but after I went blog walking yesterday....this was what I made instead.  I made a few minor adjustment to the fruit crumble topping and the result was an aromatic fruit crumble cake.  Hb poured some fresh cream when he had the cake while I prefer it as it is and Jannah doesn't like the fruit topping at all......hmmmzz ;)


 





Source My Kitchen Snippets.  Thank you for sharing this recipe ;)

Ingredients:
Adapted from Technicolor Kitchen

3/4 cup/ 1.5 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar (I only used 3/4 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk
5 plums, stoned and thinly sliced (I used 4 snack size braeburn apples)
5 apricots, stoned and thinly sliced (I used 2.5 unripe peaches ;)
1 tbsp sugar - for sprinkling (I added 1 tsp cinnamon powder to the sugar)


Crumble topping:
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
2 ½ tablespoons (35g) cold unsalted butter, chopped


Method :
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Butter an 8” x 12” (I used 8” x 8” so the cake turns out much thicker than her) baking pan and line with baking paper – butter the paper as well.
2. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture, add the milk and beat in low speed until combined. Spoon the mixture onto prepared pan, arrange the fruit over the top and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
3. To make the crumble topping, place the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl and rub with your fingertips until fine crumbs form. Scatter over the fruit.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.





Look what I scored online yesterday *woot* *woot, yippieeee, happy, doing back flips LOL!!!  No wonder I was tired yesterday....tired from online shopping ~~nyehahahahz~~

Enjoy your week everyone ;)


Me Te Aroha...With Love,
Anie ;)

5 comments:

Mas said...

sedapnya kek...mas nak sepotong....he..he...tukar ngan apam coklat....nak tak..

Anie said...

Ok Mas....ni anie terkedek2 nak pegi rumah Mas. hehehez ;)

CS said...

Anie
Muai buah2an atas kek tu. Dah habis dimakan semuanya ke?

Bila gaknya nordicware pan tiba kepangkuan?? Mahal juga harganya ek??

Anie said...

Somuffins,

Nak kasi abis apple yg dah tak crunchy, so gasak jer lah letak atas kek. Nasib baik Jannah mintak sikit apple sebab dia nak makan...kalau tak pun I tenyeh jer atas kek itew...hehehez.

I think 3-5 days lagi baru sampai. Mmg mahal tapi dah 50% off, hb ckp boleh beli...aper lagi. Enjoy lah...hehehez ;) Tapi tak byk choices, only abt 4 pans to choose from.

Anie said...

Ohhh lupa nk jwb soalan yg ni...

Kek hb dah bwk separuh utk share dgn kwn2 dia dkt keje. Ni dah tinggal abt 2 slices jer....hehehez