Thursday, November 25, 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

Weather for Te Awamutu today,
Season :
Spring
Forecast :
Chance Of Rain
Temp : 18°C | 14°C
Current :
Fog
Temp : 10°C



Salam, Kia Ora.....


Last night, before I went off to bed....I was thinking if I should bake a cake or just make some donuts for today.  Auntie Eton whom migrated here 32 yrs ago, is very close to us and she is celebrating her 52nd birthday today.  She loves sugar donuts that's why I thought of  making some donuts for her today.

This morning while making the donuts, I thought to myself that maybe I should bake her a cake since its her birthday.  Auntie Eton is very health conscious....unlike me hahahaz.  Being a good cook and baker herself, she will never make a cake that calls for more than 3 eggs.  And she doesn't like chocolate......Hmmmzzz......so I thought this impromtu cake will be perfect for her.  I didn't tell her that I used 5 eggs thou :pppppp nyehahahahaz *evil laughter*  sssshhhh.  At the same time, I wont have any trouble transporting the cake as I don't have to worry abt smudging the cream or ganache.  

 
Dropped the donuts and cake to Aunty Eton's house on my way home, after I finished my grocery shopping.  I didn't stay long as it was abt 3pm when I reached her place.  I need to make my way home.  Jannah was whinging bcos she was getting tired.  The journey home took us 50 mins and Jannah fell asleep in the car.

I didn't get to taste the cake or even see the texture of the cake, only free smell of condensed milk wafting frm the oven....yuuummmzzz.  You can take a peek of the yummilicious cake texture at Rima's (Baking Queen) or Yat's (Queen of Jlo) blog. 


Source : Rima Thank you Rima, for sharing this recipe.  Recipe I copied and paste from Yat ;)





Ingredients
240g good quality butter
90g sugar - I did not add
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (304g) condensed milk
3 tsp vanilla paste
240g cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder - I added 2tsp
4 large eggs - I used 5 no.6 eggs


Method
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in salt and vanilla paste and cream well.
- Pour in condensed milk and cream till well combined.
- Using the mixer on low speed, add in flour in 3 additions. Mix till batter is smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Make sure it's well mixed and smooth.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 1 hour - I baked mine at 160 degrees for 1 hour
 

Going to sleep now...very, very tired.  Will post on the donuts and visit everyone tomorrow ;), InsyaAllah.....

Update on the Pike River Mine :  There was a 2nd explosion reported today.  All family members have been told that all the miners are dead as no one could have survived the explosion.  PM, John Key, has announced 'We are a nation in mourning'........

Me Te Aroha...With Love,
Anie ;)



6 comments:

CS said...

Anie

Tak boleh jadi nih!!!
Dah 3 dapur dah try..

Anie said...

Somuffins,

Meh sini I kasi aura dkt u jadi bsok u bole bake...hehehez.

Best arh kek ni permukaannya licin btol arh mcm muka I...hehehez *coughs* *coughs* perasan eh...padahal muka I baru jer tumbuh jerawat batu ni :D

Tapi kan kan kan I cuma bake jer tak dpt mkn...kesian kan :p

Yat Maria said...

Anie,


wuiiii sudah baking juga ka?? sungguh licn halus mulus tu cake..ekk..tak dapat makan? I thot kat yr Aunt's place ada makan2...takper soh cik SOm wat & kasi u sepotong...bule kan cik Som??

Rima said...

Pi buat lagi satu Anie.. baru adil .. kurus sama sama.. gemuk sama sama lahhh hahaha

Anie said...

Yat,

Ada budak dah mengamok pasal tu tak bole stay lama2. Lagi pun I kena balik rumah masak...sob sob..so, tak sempat lah mkn :) Tapi dpt tapau ayam sekor...weeeiiii.

Wah tak sabar ni tunggu kek air tangan cik som...mesti ssssooodaappp ;p

Anie said...

Rima,

Tapi itu orange sicilian cake sudah memanggil2 I dulu arh....hehehez I rasa next project nak buat itu dulu arh ;)