Chance of Rain
Temp : 21°C | 10°C
Dry with late fog
Temp : 16°C
Salam, Kia Ora.....
I bought this crab last Wednesday when I did my grocery shopping. Hb doesn't like to eat crab bcos he doesn't like to peel the shell off. He said he couldn't be bothered going thru the hard yard of cracking the shell just to savour the tiny bit of flesh...hehehez. If I can remember correctly, I think this crab is called the NZ Paddle Crab. The flesh is not as yummy as the Sri Lankan Crab or the Flower Crab but it's not crap and I did enjoy it....hehehez. Luckily, I only bought one....I definitely won't be buying this crab anymore. Will wait till I go back to Singapore and eat the real mc coy....the world famous Singapore Chilli Crab, yummmzzzz.
Whipped up this dish for lunch today, my own version of chilli crab.....enjoy ;)
- Crabs - (Mine was abt 700gr) Cleaned & cut to desired size
- 1 medium sized onion*
- Abt an inch ginger*
- 2 cloves garlic*
- 1 tsp toasted shrimp powder (belacan)*
- 10 stalks dried chilli or fresh red or birds eye chillies (add more if u like it hot & spicy)*
- 1 stalk lemon grass*
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Salt, pepper & sugar to taste
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Half a cup water
- Half a medium onion thinly sliced
- Enough cooking oil for sauteing
- Blend * ingredients to a paste.
- In a wok, heat canola oil and saute sliced onion till soft.
- Add the blended paste and fry till fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce & soy sauce.
- Seasoned with salt (if required), pepper and sugar to taste.
- Add crabs and water. Cover till crabs turned red indicating they are cooked.
- Add eggs. Ensure that sauce is boiling hot before adding the eggs.
- Turn fire off to ensure eggs are not overcooked and give eggs a quick stir so that they are separated.
Me Te Aroha...With Love,