Chance of Rain
Temp : 23°C | 14°C
Clear with High UV(10) Warning!!
Temp : 21°C
Salam, Kia Ora....
It was hb's birthday yesterday. Hb's work mate, Noel, his wife & their granddaughter came to help us out with gardening. We are still in the midst of planting tomatoes and chillies as we have decided to grow our plants in a veggie box instead of planting it in the garden. Our garden has stone pebbles on top of the soil and due to that, our chilli plants died because of the heat from the pebbles.
We didn't have any celebrations yesterday, Noel's wife, Jan, was so kind to bake hb a banana cake. It was decorated and iced by Jessie, their 14 yrs old granddaughter, in Waikato's rugby team colour....red, yellow & black. I actually have the same idea for hb's cake that's why I bought the same colour of Wilton gel last Wednesday. Hb was so stoked with their kind gestures. They baked a cake, brought some ballons and gave hb 2 birthday prezzies. And....hb said that I owe him a cake......hahahaz. I didnt want to bake another cake yesterday bcos I don't want the cakes to go to waste. Hmmmmzzz let me see when will I bake u a cake dear, maybe tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, nxt mth...hehehez no promises eh ;)
We had BBQ lamb chops, corns and mashed potato for dinner. I used almost 2kg of lamb shoulder chops in this recipe as we have guests. You can reduce or increase the marinate accordingly.
Marinate for Lamb Chops
- Lamb chops
- 3 cloves garlic
- Abt an inch ginger
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp honey (add more if u want)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Clean lamb and pat dry or just let the access water drip off the chops.
- Pound garlic and ginger to a paste or u can just chopped them to small pieces.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir them, then add lamb chops.
- Recommended to let the chops marinated overnight or a minimum of 2 hours and keep them chill in the fridge prior to bbqing them. Or you can grill them in the oven.
Recipe for Pepper Sauce
Source : Potret Kasih Tks Wana for sharing this recipe
1 labu bawang besar ( potong dadu) ~~ 1 onion diced
1 sudu besar mentega ~~ 1 tbsp butter
2 sudu besar tepung gandum ( ayak dulu takut macam-macam ada dalam tepung) ~~ 2 tbsp flour (sifted)
1 liter air ( lebih kurang dalam 1 jag kecil ) ~~ 1 litre water
2 sudu besar sos tiram ~~ 1 tbsp oyster sauce (I only added 1 tbsp)
1 sudu besar kicap (untuk menggelapkan sikit warna sos ) ~~ 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 sudu makan sos tomato atau sos chili ~~ 1tbsp tomato or chilli sauce
1 sudu besar lada hitam ( ditumbuk halus) ~~ 1 tbsp black pepper corns (Pounded till fine)
1/2 kiub perasa ayam atau daging lembu. ~~ 1/2 a cube of either chicken or beef stock
Sedikit garam ~~ Salt if required. I added 1 tsp lea & perrins worcestershire sauce instead of salt.
Cara membuatnya ~~ Method
1. Panaskan mentega dalam periuk kemudian tumis bawang besar hingga layu. ~~ Melt butter in a pot and saute onions till soft.
2. Tepung gandum di larutkan dalam air hingga rata kemudian masukkan dalam periuk tumisan tadi. ~~ Stir flour into water until it is diluted and pour into the pot.
3. Masukkan semua bahan lain termasuk sos-sos. Kacau atas api hingga pekat. Boleh di angkat dan dihidangkan. ~~ Add the rest of the ingredient and cook till sauce thickens.
Tips from Wana.....u can add button mushrooms and turn this brown sauce to mushroom sauce.
Tks for everything Noel & Family. Good job for decorating the cake, Jessie and hmmzzz no, we dont drink beers...hehehez. The coasters were used for decorations purposes because Waikato Draughts is one of the Waikato (Mooloo) rugby team sponsors ;o)
Oh well, enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone....
Me Te Aroha...With Love,