Weather for Te Awamutu today,
Chance Of Rain
Temp : 26C | 18C
Partly Cloudy With Extreme UV(11) Warning
Temp : 23°C
Salam, Kia Ora...
I was gonna post this entry yesterday but in the midst of creating this entry, I received a phone call at abt 11am from Auntie Eton. She had planned a makan aka feast session with some Malaysian friends who are going back to Malaysia for good. It was hb's day off yesterday and the car was free so, I decided to join in the party. I told her that I can't produce anything fancy since it was a last minute invitation....hehehez. I baked some easy peasy muffins for the makan session which I will share the recipe in my next entry.
I thought I could continue with this entry after I came back but I was too tired to do so. I packed my bags to leave Auntie Eton's place at 9pm but I had to help her sort out her computer and only left her place at quarter to 11pm. Jannah was so tired that she slept in the car 1 minute after I put her on her car seat....hehehez. After putting Jannah in her bed, I had to cook hb's packed lunch since I didn't cook yesterday :D. Hb didn't come along and had made his own easy dinner....tomatoes & cheese on toasts so, no leftover for his packed lunch today. *sob* *sob*
Finished my cooking and ironing hb's uniform at almost 2am last night. Only fell asleep at 4am and woke up again at 5.30am and am still awake till now...time check : 9.15am. I hope Jannah will let me have my nana's nap peacefully later.....hahahaz
Btw I made this Strawberry Cheesecake Semifreddo last Monday and it was absolutely yummy. Luv the combination of cream cheese and vanilla custard...yummzz yummzz. The only thing that I will improvise next time, is the strawberry sauce. I might add some gelatin so that the sauce wont be too runny when its thawed out.......otherwise, everything was perfect ;)
It looks so perfect while in its frozen state. The 1st photo shows the melting strawberry sauce after it was thawed out.
Source : taste.com.au
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 150g caster sugar (I only added 100g)
- 100g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g mascarpone (I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 300ml fresh vanilla custard
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Thick cream, whipped, to serve
- Place 250g of the strawberries and 100g (I added 60g) of the sugar in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine biscuits and butter. Press into base of a 23cm spring-form pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to chill.
- Place mascarpone, custard, vanilla and remaining sugar in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over the biscuit base. Drizzle with strawberry sauce, then use a skewer to swirl it through. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Transfer to fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Slice the cheesecake semifreddo and serve with cream, garnished with the remaining strawberries.
Enjoy ur day everyone.......
Me Te Aroha...With Love,