Weather for Te Awamutu today,
Chance Of Rain
Temp : 26C | 18C
Partly Cloudy With Extreme UV(11) Warning
Temp : 33°C
Salam, Kia Ora...
Oh me, oh my today the weather forecast stated 26 degrees C as its high today but right now the temperature has hit 33 degrees C. Can't believe all this forecasters aye? hehehez. Aiyayyay, its so freaking hot right now. Even though I have the fan turned on, it feels like the fan is circulating hot air.
I managed to have my afternoon nap, maybe for an hour or so. I could hear Jannah shouting, screaming and dancing copying the antics of the child presenter on telly. She didn't bother me and I continued to sleep every time I got woken up by her ZZZzzzz....hehehez. Finally, I woke up because the afternoon heat is making me uncomfortable to continue with my beauty sleep. Thank you for letting mama sleep, Jannah buggy ;)
Anyway, enough of my complains, I baked 2 types of muffins yesterday. Only made 1 batch of these coffee walnut muffins and got 7 pieces. I didn't want to make too many of these as I wasn't sure if the kids were gonna like the coffee flavoured muffins. The other type of muffin that I baked was chocolate chip muffins, I will share the recipe in my next entry......hehehez ;)
Source : Recipe adapted from Lydia Teh's My Kitchen Blog. I made a few changes to the ingredients. Thank u Lydia for sharing this recipe ;)
Ingredients (makes 6 regular muffins):
- 60ml fresh milk
- 2 tbsp hazelnut flavour instant coffee (I used normal instant coffee)
- 60g butter, soften
- 50g fine granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g cake flour, sift together with baking powder (I used standard flour)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Almond slices (I used walnut pieces)
- Heat up milk lightly and dissolve instant coffee in milk. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Whisk butter until creamy, add in sugar and continue to whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and whisk until well combine.
- Fold in sifted flour in batches, alternate with coffee milk.
- Transfer batter into muffin cases and sprinkle almond slices (walnut pieces) over the surfaces.
- Turn oven down to 175ºC and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on rack. (I baked mine at 160ºC for 20 mins)
Me Te Aroha...With Love,