Sunday, December 4, 2011

Roti Kirai (Lacy Pancake), Curry & Rice - An everyday request


Salam to all,

Hello weekend ;)  Heard that it has been raining heaps in Malaysia & Singapore.  It was raining quite heavily here yesterday also.  Hb was off yesterday but we didn't go anywhere due to the rain.  I simply luv the rain.  Rain equals to NO hay fever for me....yeay!!!!  Since I came back to NZ, I have been suffering from hay fever every single day....*sigh*  I am on medication right now, other than hay fever I am perfectly fit, alhamdullilah.

We have been back to NZ for almost 4 weeks now.  When we were in Singapore, Jannah lost almost 11kg :(  She doesn't want to eat much during the last 2 weeks of our stay there.  She sometimes vomit at the smell of food and even refused haagen daz ice cream ~ bizarre!!.  Alls well now, she was given antibiotics for her throat when I took her to the doctor after we came back.  Was told that she was suffering from a throat infection.  She's back to her healthy self now, alhamdullilah.  Her daily request for breakfast, lunch and dinner now is......roti kirai & curry & rice E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y.  Of course I don't make roti kirai everyday bcos I really couldn't be bothered to....hehehehez.  Otherwise, I have cooked curry at least 6 times & roti kirai twice for the last 3.5 weeks....yikesss.


Photos taken during the last lacy pattern session.  We had the same exact menu for last night's dinner.  Couldnt be bothered to take new photos...hehehez ;)

Here's sharing the roti kirai recipe.  Warning, I used estimation method when I made the batter but this is how much ingredients that I used.

Ingredients :
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 2 Tblsp Oil
  • Salt
  • Enough Water
  • Yellow Food Colouring
Method :
  • Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk till batter is smooth and not lumpy.
  • Note : Enough water must be added so batter can flow through the roti kirai mould freely.
  • Sift batter into another bowl.
  • Using the roti kirai mould, let batter flow onto a hot non stick pan creating a lacy pattern.
  • Best served with curry ;) 
Guess what Jannah wants to have for lunch & dinner today hmmmzzzz.  As above.......and I am seeing stars already!!!! Jeeezzzzz!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone....

2 comments:

kasihredha said...

akak pun suka hujan...udara jadi sejuk dan segar.
Turun berat 11kg? banyak tu...sian Jannah.
Pagi2 dah tgok roti jala kat sini...best2

Anie said...

Hehehez....kalau hari2 request roti jala adeeehhh dah tak larat dah nak mkn dah Kak Kasih ;)