Salam to all,
Ever since I bought the little $4 steamer I've been wanting to make more Malay kuihs that requires to be steamed. I cant fit a baking tin into the steamer but it fits 8 pieces of the tiny red cups ;) I've always wanted to make these apam snow white and purposely leave some cooked rice that is required for this recipe. Jannah was so excited when I told her that I was gonna make apams today but when she saw these apams instead she asked how come they dont look like the ladybug apams. Cheett!!
As I was asked repeatedly how come these apams doesnt look like the ladybug apam, I explained to Jannah its bcos they are called apam snow white. She replied "Huh?? Snow white?? Mana atok2 -referring to the dwarfs dia arh?" She kept on saying that she doesnt want this apam cos they dont look anything like snow white. Adeehhh *scratch head* I asked her if she wanted to try one and she said she wanted the pink one.......after 1 bite, she said she wanted the purple one and she said they were yucky and she wanted to try the white one next. She gave me 1 million reasons not to finish them like.........(although there wasnt really a millon cos I've forgotten what else she said hehehez.)
- Jannah tak nak apam ni.....nak yang ladybug aja, yang dalam ada coklat.
- Bau apa ni? Asal apam ni ada bau arh mama?
- Apasal bau macam nasi busuk aja....
- Apasal dalam takde apa2.
- Apasal apam ni tak best aja.
- Apasal mama tak buat apam ladybug aja.
- Jannah tak nak lah apam yang ni, tak cantik aja.
- Apasal apasal apasal apasal.
Haizzz she likes to ends her sentences with aja. Bodoh aja, pandai aja, cantik aja, memang banyak cakap lah ini budak. Anyway, she did have 2 whole pieces of apam after I forced her to eat them hehehez. She then asked for more, I asked how many she said 2. Ok and so, I gave them to her. She went into her room and was very quiet. The next moment, she went into the kitchen....took 2 cups and 2 plates. I thought she ate the 2 apams but instead she held a tea party for her 2 care bears. Haiiizzzz she said the care bears wanted the apams and they like them hmmmmmzz. Anyway, I luv them and luckily I only made half of the recipe, otherwise confirmed arhhhh I will be bloated like an apam wahahahaz
Source : Rima @ Bisousatoi
3 cups rice flour
1 cup flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 package baker's yeast mauripan @ (11gm)
2 cups cooked rice
3 cups water
1/2 grated coconut steamed and a pinch of salt
- Put all above ingredients except the cooked rice and water into the container. Mix well and set aside briefly
- Grind cooked rice with water until smooth.
- Pour rice and water mixture into flour mixture and stir till combined.
- Let it set for an hour. (use clingwrap to cover the top of ur container)
- Meanwhile.. heat ur steamer. Lightly oil the molds.
- Pipe in batter into each mold.. steamed it for abt 15 mins over medium heat.
First pic : The different sizes. One was filled slightly more than the other.
Second pic : This is what happened when u fill mixture to the brim.
Third pic : When u leave steamer unattended with slightly high heat.
Photos of the one and only skinny persimmon tree along our driveway. Looks like they gonna be ready soon. Have to pick them before the birds eat them. TTFN folks ;)